NeighborWorks Green Bay’s priority is the health and well-being of our staff, clients, community partners, and volunteers during the coronavirus public health emergency. Our office is closed to the public, but we are still providing services online, by phone and email. Some ways you can contact us:
COVID-19 is changing the way we are working and living. NeighborWorks Green Bay is adapting the delivery of our services to keep clients and staff safe.
- Homebuyer Education: Buying a home is both exciting and stressful under normal circumstances, now more than ever it’s important that you get the right support. Our nationally certified Homebuyer Education program will give you the tools to understand the process and save you both time and money. Although we are not currently offering our in-person classes, we offer online classes Online Home Buyer Education.
- Pre-Purchase Counseling: Discuss your goals and set strategies to achieve these goals with our highly trained Housing Counselors. They can point you toward valuable resources, over the phone or through Zoom.
- Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance: Covering the upfront costs of owning a home can be an obstacle to achieving the dream of homeownership. NeighborWorks Green Bay may be able to offer 0% interest, deferred payment loans that usually range from $3,000- $8,000. Some loans are forgivable, i.e. if you live in your home for five years or more, you don’t have to pay the loan back. Some are not forgivable. In either case, you don’t need to make payments on the loan as long as you live in the home. We are taking precautions to keep our clients and staff safe by doing most of the closing work through email, online and by phone.
- Financial Capabilities: If you are experiencing financial stress, need help with a budget, or need to build an emergency fund, we offer a combination of financial literacy education, counseling, and coaching designed to meet your goals. You will meet with an expert advisor over the phone.
- Foreclosure Prevention: If you are having difficulty making mortgage payments, contact us as soon as possible! There is Money Management, post purchase and Foreclosure education you can access online and over the phone. Free Online Foreclosure Prevention
- Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Counseling: A HECM loan is sometimes referred to as a reverse mortgage and it may be available to homeowners who are age 62 or older. Our expert staff will help you examine your circumstances and consider both the advantages and disadvantages of a HECM loan.
- Home & Life Workshops: In-person workshops have been cancelled. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram where we will share many of the ideas, tips and tricks typically offered at the workshops.