Green Bay Community Leadership Institute
The Green Bay Community Leadership Institute (GBCLI) will bring together people who are interested in making the community even better by engaging with neighborhood associations, non-profit organizations, and others who are excited to make a difference!
The GBCLI is a great opportunity whether you’re just starting to get involved, or if you’re looking for ways to sharpen your skills and get re-energized. The skills, information, and contacts that folks will get are valuable not just in terms of community involvement, but will carry over to other parts of life as well.
The planning team chose to host the event at Washington Middle School because it will highlight opportunities for people to learn about a local resource- including both its challenges and successes in impacting the lives of students, families, neighborhoods, and the community.
Sessions will include:
- Fundraising Strategies for Small Charities/Bret Bicoy, Door County Community Foundation
- Getting the Most of Communication Opportunities: Networking and Meetings/Barbara Koldos, Howard-Suamico School District
- Organizational Culture: The Secret to Getting and Keeping Awesome Volunteers/Lucy Arendt, PhD, St. Norbert College
- Collaborative Leadership through Local Foods Engagement/Amanda Chu
- Personal and Community Asset Mapping/Noel S. Halvorsen, NeighborWorks Green Bay
- Civic Engagement: Making Your Voice Count/Cheryl Renier-Wigg and Celestine Jeffreys, City of Green Bay
- Art as a Community Engagement/Kent Hutchison, Artist/Public Art Activist
- Washington Middle School….The Singular Narrative with Multiple Opportunities/Molly O’Neil, Washington Middle School
There will also be a bonus bus tour highlighting examples of significant resident-driven change and examples of citizen, non-profit, public, and private partnerships.
The GBCLI is an inclusive event and an outstanding opportunity for current and prospective leaders and volunteers of our neighborhood associations, non-profit organizations, service clubs, churches, schools, etc. It’s a great fit for anyone who is interested in making the Green Bay area an even better place to live!