After completing homebuyer education, you will have the opportunity to look at your specific circumstances by meeting with a housing counselor. You will drive this process by establishing your homeownership goals and creating an action plan with the expert advise of one of our highly qualified housing counselors.
Topics that may be included in your meeting with a housing counselor:
- Clarifying your homeownership goals
- How much you can afford to pay for a home and the monthly mortgage payment
- Obtaining a mortgage loan from a primary lender, i.e. bank, credit union, mortgage company
- Selecting a REALTOR®
- Potential for Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance from NeighborWorks Green Bay
- Connecting to other community resources
- Budgeting for repairs and maintenance
- Obtaining a home inspection
- Other helpful advice!